back in business...


I haven't felt like my outfits have been particularly inspired lately, or else I was too tired when I got home to take a photo.  Which is a shame, since I think I've gotten so used to the process that now it feels like a waste not to document it!

Here's what I wore out to our Valentines dinner on Sunday night-I've been dressing in a few more neutrals lately, and thought it was a nice occasion to trot out my Rodarte for Target 'lace pattern' dress from last spring.  I think the cardigan is still too big and shapeless- I must try felting it again!  A collar or scarf would have been a good idea I think.
Rodarte for Target dress, Gap cardigan, vintage belt, vintage heart locket, rust Hue tights, Camper booties
 I'm not usually much of a heart motif gal, but while searching for some other brass findings on etsy I came across these for $3 each and had to have them.  You can find more through this seller and others!

and if these look at all familiar to you, well I noticed this on the Anthropologie site just a week or so later (now sold out):
Oh right, and for my actual Valentine's day outfit, well, it's extremely unfestive but the feller liked it very much so that's all that counts!  I got to come home from work early thanks to a dentist appointment (how often are dentists involved in promoting romance?  not much I'd say!) so we had a nice long afternoon and evening to hang out together!

I haven't worn the Mary dress much yet, but I learned from Anthroflux that it works nicely for layering with patterns.  Thanks- I've worn it with a navy blue floral blouse now as well!

Anthropologie Mary dress, J Crew Drapey stripe baseball shirt, Water Row boots

Comments

  1. I love both you dresses, and the belt just bring the best of them. Fantastic Sarah.
    Besos.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally IN LOVE with your Rodarte For Target dress! How pretty you look. I really like your Etsy finds too they are adorable and quite unique. And that bunny what a hip one he is. I'm a sucker for bunny rabbits.The layered look always works for you. I have to admit to never had tried it. But on you. It works and looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, i love the Rodarte for Target dress on you too. I think you look fantastic in neutrals. The key is to pair it with a darker colour like you have done. The outfit is perfect the way it is - no need to add a scarf. Those pendants are beautiful and for $3, why that is a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great in both outfits. the first one is awesome, I love your rust hue tights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the Mary dress over the striped top. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I'm totally going to copy the way you wore the Mary shirtdress (which I know you copied from Kay who apparently copied from Peggy - and this is the way the blogger world runs ^_-). You look so cute in both outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost bought that heart pin from Anthropologie a couple of weeks ago, but I just couldn't deal with the perfume. There was only one left and it was marked down to around $5 or something. I really like the ones you found on ETSY! Love the way you styled the Mary dress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment