blueprints

So, while last year may have been rather up and down (and inside-out), I was fortunate in getting to go on a few rather spectacular adventures. I had the opportunity to visit Tokyo for a week in the spring.  It's been a goal for many years and we certainly used the short time available to us to the full. One of the highlights for me was hunting for vintage fabrics and clothing, and though we unfortunately timed our visit to the one time of year that all the big flea markets are closed, I did still manage to start a nice little collection of silk haori jackets. This beautiful floral piece cost me all of $8.  I think it's worth the small investment in going back for more in the near future!  (Tip 1: You can eat for practically nothing in Tokyo, so we spent our daily budget on things, lovely things.) (Tip 2: locals don't seem to value old kimonos and haoris in 70s mustards and moss tones. But guess who does!)


I love wearing these jackets informally over jeans or a simple dress. There will be more. And more on my Tokyo adventures, because of course the pleasure of a blog is getting to relive those moments!

Comments