coupla outfits...

There've been a few combinations and colour mixes I've been wanting to put together, but it kept not happening.  Howeversome recent relevant blog postings pushed these back up to the top of the list!

I raced into NY the week the culmination blouse went on sale at Anthropologie, dragging the man off to Rockefeller Centre in the rain to pick it up.  Then I haven't touched it since!  However I've been wanting to play with brown and cinnamon tones more lately, and at the beginning of last week there were a few blog posts here and here with similar tones and patterns that set me off! And then again the very day I wore it Roxy channelled a similar look here

I can't get enough of these pencil skirts- it's so fun to actually wear blouses and skirts again, there are so many possibilities...  Now what I should I pair with my new nightfall pencil skirt next week...
Anthropologie Culmination blouse, ancient Abercrombie sweater, J Crew Cinnamon pencil skirt, actually worn with ye olde Water Row boots from Indigo
I've been waiting forever to get this perfect mustard-cloured skirt- it has eluded me several times.  I actually found one this summer through the EA forum, but it got lost forever in the mail (grr...).  Then I acquired another one through the board that I finally received in November.  It's my usual size, but too big (meaning the lost one would have been perfect...sadness) so I'll have to take it in a bit someday.  I've been meaning to put these two items together since the summer, as a cuter way of channelling Anthropologie's Vappu dress (I`m not so into combination dresses), and was inspired to get it together now by this lovely casual street style posting here, with a touch of eggplant/ brown-eyed susan from Jess here.

Vintage lace blouse from Dear Golden on Etsy, Anthropologie Great Escape skirt, ancient cardigan from Urban Outfitters, thick brown tights, actually worn with Steve Madden oxfords

Comments

  1. I love both outfits, especially the pencil skirt in the first picture! I know what you mean about being drawn to more auburn, cinnamon colors during this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for commenting on my blog! now i found yours and its so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love all three outfits, you look great in these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I keep forgetting to add you - please accept my apologies!
    You have such a cool style - i love how you pull off the geek-chic look so well (i mean that in a good way of course!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment