lace challenge

Ah...so this Friday is the proverbial "office christmas party", and unfortunately it will actually take place at work.  So we close up at 5 and then reconvene at 5:30 for cocktails and such.  All of the previous parties have at least taken place on days we don't work, of off-site, so I haven't decided whether to go with a transformable outfit or change fully into something else (not a very dressy office, not that I pay attention!).  One thing is clear- I'm into the lace.







So the options I'm thinking of are:
The transformer option-
Since I'm so into cinnamon tones this week, I was thinking of wearing this to work:
H&M dress with sleeves removed, ancient Abercrombie cardigan, UO belt

and then throwing a lace dress over to evening-ify it, with some amber accessories:
Bobi cotton lace shift, H&M dress, UO belt, would likely wear with these:

 But I think what I'm really hankering after is to just go for a full change and green dress-ify myself:
Vintage green lace dress, feather brooch from Anthropologie skirt, Fornarina green bow heels
um, well, I would appreciate your input but I might have already made my decision!  After all, this lil' green dress has actually hung in my closet for about 8 years waiting for the right moment, sometimes too tight, sometimes too prim, or even (unbelievably) too green?  And I do love the feathers with lace...

More contrasty shoes or tights maybe?  geez, what colour tights does one wear with emerald green?

Comments

  1. They layering is great! That green dress is so gorgeous! I love the color of it and the color of the H&M one. You are so pretty, btw!

    I think of the celeb lace looks, I am most enamored with Kirsten Dunst's. Though so many are wonderful. Makes me want to keep my lace dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both options -- brilliant with the layering idea! I think you need to do that damn green dress though. Love it just as you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab! I think the dress has enough personality that you can let it stand alone instead of contrasting tights/shoes. But it might be fun to try out a few things--you never know! Otherwise how you styled it looks great! Every bit as pretty as those celeb dresses! I love Carey Mulligan's dress :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what pretty options! I have never been much for wearing lace, but these are gorgeous. I love the green dress you're wearing last, and I agree w/Saskia that you prob don't even need a contrasting color tight; however, a gold or navy would look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, thanks guys! Yeah, I think the green dress's time has come, and it is the best option to express my vintage and green-loving self...

    of course, there's that mod white lace minidress in the closet too...(where did all this lace come from? I have no clue!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look #2... the orange dress with the lace overlay!!!! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment