wavering...

Anthropologie Wavering Grid dress, Gap cardigan, AA knee socks, Indigo boots
You know when you're seriously in love with a dress, but then dither long enough about buying it that you then wonder if it's just going to go on sale, but then you feel like you should wait, but you still dither?  Well, that's what I did with this baby.  I mean, I was ready to order it the minute I saw it in late June, but then thought I would wait until my trip at the end of September.  Well, I waited, then I grew impatient and thought it would go on sale any day, then I ordered it with a free shipping promo, and then I exchanged the size in NY (S is drapier than XS BTW) and then it STILL hasn't gone on sale.  But you know what?  I LOVE it, I've worn it several times already- I only wish I had it all summer.  It can be worn in the fall, of course, with slouchy sweaters and boots (it has a bit of an Ally Sheedy vibe), but it was just spectacularly cool in the humidity and heat of my trip to Manhattan!

The fabric sways and bounces slightly as you move- it's like the dearest love child of these two dear dresses:
Sigh.  I mentioned in my last post my weakness for hand-drawn stripes and grids- like somehow getting to inhabit a drawing.  I'm kind of obsessed with lines, like a visual hoarder or something!

(oh right, should start a board on pinterest for this actually!)
Follow Me on Pinterest

Here are a few of my favourite drawing-y inspirations:

Richard Diebenkorn




Agnes Martin
 


Sol Lewitt



Nigel Peake



Antoine Watteau

I think you may have seen some Giacometti inspiration here, and striped inspiration here!

And while we're on the topic of living drawings, I love these subtle and marvelous installations:

Gerda Steiner and Jörg Lenzlinger



Comments