penitent...in pink!



Yeah, I have some work to make up. How about as an act of penitence I make an effort over the next couple of days to just try to catch up! I mean, sure, I've been a little lazier on the fashion front, throwing on things you've seen over and over again (I think, since there seem to be a lot of things I never get around to posting..) but I do still get dressed, and if it ain't posted here it might not have happened!

I now understand the regular influx of neon fashions over the past few winter seasons- you really want an extreme blast of something to wake up the eyes amid the grey of old snow and salt-stained sidewalks.  So lately it's been the 'neon' pinks of J Crew to get me out of bed in the morning, and the most amazing pair of Hue tights ever.

Again, I love this black and white pompon-ed fairisle ski sweater since it makes me feel just the tiniest bit of a connection with an aforementioned far-off nordic ancestry.  Now so diminished that I just like watching nordic ski events on tv. Speaking of which, I was pretty sad to say goodbye to my daily round of winter olympics yesterday, so much so that I watched the men's cross-country marathon TWICE!  (once at 3 am and again the following afternoon- do I have a problem?)


J Crew Fairisle ski sweater, coral Sterling skirt, pink striped BR shirt
Fortunately I got to go out last night to watch a dark 60s Norwegian thriller, Cold Tracks, that was basically all about the sound of crunching, sliding skis on snow and moonlit mountains. Not a great film (I fell asleep, I must admit) but great atmosphere!  Plus, as an appetizer, we watched an old Nazi film about the 1936 winter Olympics that, whoa, was so full of dangerous spills it made the Sochi Olympics look tame!

So, more pink.  pink legs:

Boden Amelie dress, Anthropologie ruffled coda cardigan, Hue tights, Chie Mihara oxfords, Gewoon felt necklace

 And a 'neon rose' pink cardigan with a lovely winter floral blouse:

J Crew Jackie cardigan, F21 floral blouse and skirt, Anthropologie necklace

Next up?  I think it's time to explore some yellows...if you can't wait, Lisa at Respect the Shoes has a divine example today!

Comments