chirping birds...

Well, I feel I've been rocking the autumnal dressing these days- plaids and cardigans and brooches and heels- but, unforgivably, I haven't figured out a way to document them.  I know I only ever take pictures of architecture and cats but this is getting ridiculous- the ones I have tried taking of myself with the timer I look like an angry dwarf!  The man is working the opposite schedule these days, so by the time he gets home I'm a wrinkled fur-covered lump on the couch (hmmm...attractive?)  So even though my new ochre skirt is here and I have a million ideas to try it with (oh, and I got majorly dinged by customs when the package, shipped by Canada Post, listed the contents as not being manufactured in the US...so I now have to wear the skirt at least once a week for the next year!  not a problem, luckily...) I will be posting about the lovely distant chirping chemise, since I have actual realistic pictures (thanks manfriend!)

I forget who first posted this nightgown as a possible dress- Roxy, or the British anthropologi(est)- (it was Roxy!) but I put it on my wishlist immediately.  The pattern totally reminded me of a fifties paint-by-number, and I love white dresses over dark tights (though probably not black as I am here).  I just looked for awhile, not acting on it, then panicked when I saw that they were sold out online (not that I will really order from the US site anyway)!  Jess too had just posted her take and it was so cute I'm sure anyone left zipped over to the website and cleared them out.

I called the store in Toronto, which I hate doing since I always want to ask them about a zillion items they never have.  Well, they had the chemise (nothing else) and I got it!

I'm impressed by the quality- instead of a straight white cotton, it actually has sort of nubbly stripes through it.  Nice weight.  It's still a bit short, but I think I can add a chiffon hem in white, somewhat like the flutter at the neckline.  I immediately thought of a pale mauve cardigan I found at Beacon's Closet on my last visit to NY (found an orange Missoni cardigan that's just been waiting for fall too...)- it's the perfect shade.  Fun, and will look good with blue or rust as well!  It's size small so rather big on top, but easily fixable.  The belt is thrifted, and the booties are my fave campers Peu.


Now my co-worker wants one, so if anyone sees another small out there, let me know!

Comments

  1. I love repurposing Anthro loungewear as actual daytime wear. I totally bought this chemise with the purpose of wearing it out as well! It's so cute. I'm just waiting for it to get chilly enough to justify boots :) Congrats on managing to track this one down after it sold out, and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- we should all stage a cocktail/birdwatching/pyjama party or something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that slip, they sold out super fast at my Anthro here:( You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have it in my wishlist actually and they're showing XS available....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment