ochre addict!



I have, of course, been craving the J. Crew ochre pencil skirt that seems to be following me around everywhere lately.  It's on everyone online, it jumps out at me in magazines, and a J Crew catalogue even comes to my door, trying to lure me in...

So the actual skirt came to my door today, and newbie jcrew orderer that I am, it is too big!  I could ship it back on my own dime, but I think I'll see if I can just return it when I'm in NY next month-ish.  So I ordered the next size down and shall wait another 2 weeks, though thankfully not entirely ochreless.  I fell in love with one of the crewcuts cardigans in 'burnt twig' (still ochre in my book) and it's gorgeous!  The Zipetto comes in a few other colours, and the size 12 is a pretty good adult XS (they only have black in size 14 online).  I never thought I would want a zip-up cardigan, but the colour and the aged brass zipper look great together! (er, and meet my oversized six-toed fur depository, Ghibli)



I must have been already predisposed to love zippers this fall, because I am also seriously falling in love with the D'Armee dress at Anthropologie, thanks to a couple of online reviews here and here.  I`m not sure about some of the features for the price (the sleeves are a different fabric) so I may investigate making what I IMAGINE the dress is actually like (which is the problem with online shopping!).  I certainly have enough dress patterns to work from, I just need to find the right sort of fabric...  which is hard... It`s partly why I haven`t made much from my vintage pattern collection.  Most of the patterns have built up as a substitute for buying too many dresses- I actually just buy potential dresses, with really cute vintage illustrations!  It`s cheaper and could be creative...someday!






 

Comments

  1. The size problem isn't because you're a J.Crew newbie - it's because J.Crew sizing isn't consistent! I have everything from a size 4 to a 10 in my closet from them - and they all fit!

    I'm loving that sweater on you. I would have never thought twice about it in the stock image, but it's so much better on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- good to know! And well, I did see it on a kid in the catalogue...eeps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute kitteh! :)
    jcrew sizing can be inconsistent, but i find myself often drawn to their sweaters nonetheless. i like those zipper pockets!

    ps: you mentioned kurosawa in a comment over at jesspgh's consume or consumed, so i had to stop by and say hello. one of my favorite filmmakers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cardigan/tie/shirt /look above, I've ben dying to put that sort of thing togther. Oh if you work in a museum I am very very envious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ms. Commonwealth- I'm totally following your blog now- get my architecture fix and fashion fix in one spot (now I don't have to feel conflicted between Tavi and Bldgblog!)

    Hi Tabitha- I love ties, they're like the perfect structured scarf for an outfit. Though my OTD here before I received the sweater was rather 'fascist librarian'!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment