Tea and stripes!

Lately all I've wanted to put together is black and white checks or stripes with yellow.  It's getting ridiculous, since I do it unconsciously and realize later I'm wearing various permutations of the same outfit everyday!  Well, I did spend almost all of 1988 dressed in black and white, so I guess I'm consistent.

Tuesday's outfit was all thrifted- I found a nice black wool pencil skirt on an excursion Monday and let the hem down an inch (pencil skirts should never be square proportions!).  The top is an American Eagle outfitters find from a few months ago- it was originally a really harsh black and white but a lovely rich cotton, so I decided to give it a tea bath (3 or 4 tea bags in hot water, steep for awhile after removing the tea bags, and voila.  smells nice too).  It worked  perfectly!  Now it's a beautiful soft cream tone. 

I found the bow brooch on Monday too-  I adore masquerading materials, so I've wanted a textile-look brass brooch for awhile (now I just need to find one with faux tassels)!  And the bright orange silk scarf has been with me for years but never made it out before.  It was my tiny attempt to get away from coordinating stripes with yellow!



I actually dropped back in today on my way home from work to pick up a cute little red polka dot scarf I'd passed up- I realized following goldenmeans' post the other day how nicely the red dots might go with the grey field-game cardigan I'm trying to work into my wardrobe! Ah, I love the endless possibilities of thrift stores!

Comments

  1. This outfit is so cute, very Parisian :) And I think the bow brooch is the perfect sweet touch on that blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. merci, merci! I'm going to try the polka dots with the field-game on Friday (since I really must stay away from the stripes and/or yellows tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment