green with envy...

Anthropologie Beda dress, thrifted Joe Fresh mustard flats
Well, y'all know by now that I have a thing for green dresses, right?  Thus the blog name- but really they're hard to find because it's so difficult to catch the right shade ( and green dresses never go on sale).  Granted, my colour loves change over the years too.  I didn't like the green version of the Reed shirtdress- it was a shade that did nothing for me (though it may soon)- and so when the Beda dress came out several months later, I figured it was a similar green.  I also didn't like the cap sleeves.  And that was that- I didn't think about it again until this summer, when I finally looked twice at it in posts by Molly and Anjali, and realized how superb the details were and the shade of green actually seemed kinda awesome (I like it to have that slight bit of yellow to be a true grassy green).  And actually those sleeves are kinda fine too...

So what do you do when you "need" an anthropologie dress that sold out a year ago?  You turn to the magical powers of the Effortless Anthropologie trade board, where I posted my wish for the dress, and on my second week of posts sweet Louise convinced me I was searching for the wrong size and sold me her unworn dress for a criminally reasonable price.  It fits like a dream, absolutely perfect, and I can't believe I missed out on it all this time!  Thankyouthankyouthankyou Louise!

Um, so did you notice at the bottom of the photo 2 little fuzzy triangles?  Well, they're attached to a very large fat cat who is kinda not letting me go away again anytime soon!  Even if it's just out onto the balcony!

Comments