on iceland time...


Oh my.  The problem with traveling to dreamy and unbelievably fantastic places is that eventually we must come home.  Obviously home also means our loved peoples and real life, but it's heartening to reflect on how to make a little bit of that wonder continue into the everyday.  Uh, especially after returning immediately to a work week with a couple of 12 hour days and my first experience of pointlessly extreme jet lag!

So, Iceland was the most beautiful, wondrous experience- the landscape is literally ever-changing and stunningly otherworldly.  I have, like, 2000 photos to sift through from my week (plus those of my sisters and mom!)  not to mention videos and memories. I have even been dreaming about it every night since returning.  I'm totally overwhelmed by it all,  but firmly believe that I need to wrap my head around it to cobble together a few posts for me and for you!

Uh, I have no idea what comes next: clumsily style-stalking the caped ladies of Reykjavik?  Days and days of melted and moss-grown lava landscapes, rimmed by snow-covered peaks.  Adorable new-born lambs and shaggy pompadoured icelandic ponies.  Rugged natural thermal baths hidden in the mountains, and their sleek spa counterparts.  Oh right, and waterfalls and geysers and glaciers and black sand beaches and elves...

A taste of a couple of moments...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments