caped!


While I always thought capes were pretty awesome, and have been known to twirl around in 'em in private, eye them inquisitively on etsy, and envy those with the chutzpah to pull them off, I felt like they required more natural attitude than I have.  Seeing the easy way the Reykjavikers carry these swirly layers made me rethink the phenomenon.  However, given the cost of vintage in those parts (a vintage cape goes for about $140), my newfound inclination towards the dramatic was gonna have to wait!

 

Fortunately (and rather unusually) I happened across this lovely 1950s-era nubby wool number on a Value Village run the week I returned.  Oh, and it was their 50% off day, so the cape came to a mere $3.50!  Flush with my success (drunk on power?) I also ended up trying on an attractive pumpkin piece.  ahem.  

  

Yes, well.  Moving on...So I don't think this green checked dress has ever made it onto the blog, but it pretty much satisfies all my requirements for an easy summer vintage.  It has great details- little brass buttons, flap pockets, and a touch of chevron in the skirt. Dresses are so easy!!  I love summer!

 

Comments