this post brought to you by the letters t, h, c and v!


Hrm...so the other night I sat down to type up a little something and look back at my week (the only thing to take my mind off the work week, which was hellishly tiring!)...except suddenly the aforementioned keys were no longer functional!  I've made do recently with the sticky tab key, but it turns out you can't write much without t's and h's.  Anyway, enterprising soul that I am apparently, I googled keyboard fixes, pulled off all the keys on my laptop, arrayed them carefully where the cats were less likely to shuffle them into chaos, and cleaned out the tiny cat golem that had built up underneath the keys.  Perhaps I shouldn't allow Mr. 24-pounder to sit on it so much?

(side note: a friend emailed me the news item on the world's longest cat.  I am eagerly awaiting entry for the categories of 'largest domestic paws' or 'stumpiest limbs per weight ratio' )

Anyway, I may now avail myself of the full glory of the alphabet to say not very much at all!

Busy week that it was, I was fully prepared to pull out all the stops every morning in the 5 minutes I allot for getting dressed (priority #1 is sleeping until the last minute), plus all the good stuff is out of summer storage and I want to wear everything!

Monday
Don't recall at all, and didn't take a photo when I got home!  Nothing on the floor (!) corresponds- it's a mystery.  I know I went to work, and I vaguely remember a long grey pencil skirt...but that's it.

Tuesday
Perhaps not the brightest idea to work a 12 hour day with lots of manual labour involved in vintage linen, but so be it.  I love this ochre shift with kermit-y lapels but have never found the occasion to wear it out.  Um, I have definitely worn it out now.  I think it survived, just.  I didn't appreciate the Tinkerbell comment from some wacko in the evening- much prefer to resemble a muppet, thank-you.
Ochre linen dress, vintage; J Crew Jackie cardigan; vintage fabric belt; Camper boots
Wednesday
Feeling the need for cozy and colours when I dragged myself out of bed, this outfit sort of came together.  I love this plaid skirt- somehow the colours in it always make me pull out unusual combinations, and I don't really care if they work or not.  I felt totally comfortable, albeit exhausted, and did manage to leave work early.  My mother gave me these sneakers a couple of years ago- the buckles and leather are truly deluxe!
J Crew V-neck; vintage plaid pencil skirt; purple tights; Kurt Geiger sneakers
Thursday
I love this vintage wool camel skirt- very seventies, and of course very of the moment.  I can't seem to achieve that elegant look of effortless simplicity with it though- I believe I need more cashmere and er...legs.  I was trying to channel Lara Stone's photo shoot in the September Vogue- the winter is long, I'll keep trying!  The shoes however are Miu Miu loafers I found at the Salvation Army many years ago- love em!
Red Esprit sweater, thrifted; vintage camel wool skirt; thrifted scarf and brooch; thrifted Miu Miu loafers



Friday
I bought this silk blouse on sale at Urban Outfitters recently (in both black and ivory)- it's truly horrible in it's original state, with a super wide neckline and droopy décolletage.  But I put a button at the collar and now the ruffles fall in a lovely chevron pattern and the shoulders fit nicely.  Exactly what I was looking for to go under cardigans this fall and winter, for that softer touch.
Urban Outfitters silk blouse; vintage wool pencil skirt; nondescript cardigan; silver tights (a little too shiny with the flash!) ;thrifted Brown's mary-janes

Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE that plaid pencil skirt! So fun! You look great in all of these outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- it's quite ancient and held together in places with safety pins- something I only ever remember once I'm wearing it!
    oh, and I forget to write to you to let you know I received the j crew green sweater and summer dress I bought recently! I wore the sweater out tonight, in fact- finally getting into chunky sweaters (I love that you're equally enamoured of shades of ochre/ honey mustard!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so happy you liked the items! I wish they fit me :( And yes, ochre/honey colors are high on my list of favorites right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment