costume pics!



Rapunzel costume: braided wool hairpiece, swinging sixties velvet minidress, silk sari pants with applied lace cuff, damask-style socks, Camper shoes

So it's taken me awhile to get back to these photos.  This past weekend was a wild trip to NY for the art book fair.  The fair is in it's fifth year, held at P.S.1 in Queens, and is a pretty awesome way to spend a weekend, meeting artists and art book publishers and checking out some beautiful publications (oh, and there were some antiquarian dealers as well...that Sol Lewitt cube book will be mine someday!)

I did manage to squeeze in a tiny bit of shopping here and there.  Note to self- 20 minutes allotted to the Anthropologie sale room is somewhat less than satisfactory-  must find another way to balance travel with the man friend and shopping requirements!  I did pick up the polka-dot culmination blouse and found a field scout skirt nestled in the corner for $19.95!

Note to self #2:  though I may FEEL like a competent navigator, outside of the convenient numbered streets of Manhattan I have no idea what I`m doing! Learn to carry a map, doofus!

Comments

  1. Oh that is utterly utterly amazing! Did you make that yourself? I'd love to be that talented, I love the shoes too,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am a little addicted to repetitive hand-crafts...

    Campers makes the best, most comfortable heels. It's a little embarrassing that they're almost all I wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! thanks for your comment on my blog! You should try that restaurant out...being in montreal and everything!

    FASHIONMADEMEFUNKY
    www.fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am so impressed! Best Halloween costume I've seen. Can't believe you made that hairpiece. You could make a fortune selling these...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! : )
    -Felicity

    http://felicitylingle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment