Inspired by Toast

So when I went back to the Toast website yesterday, I looked at their catalogue for the first time since this spring ( I signed up for their catalogue hoping I'd get a printed one, but no deal).  It's mostly out of my price and/or style range, but I love their lookbooks (and the site includes videos of the item in action)!  I'd say it's kind of a cross between Anthropologie (more $$ but better quality) and Emersonmade (drools).  Anyway, I came across this skirt:

which reminded me of a long vintage wool skirt that I`ve been meaning to wear.  It's such a no-no for my height and shape, but I really love this look right now. I seem to have picked up a couple in the last year or so but am just now getting into the wearing of them.  The recent addition of heels to my wardrobe may have been the catalyst / requirement! 
Vintage wool circle skirt, J Crew Jackie cardigan and t-shirt, Camper shoes, dollarama tights (!), miffed cat

mid-twirl, cat leaves the scene
And it must be fate, since the Feathered Perch skirt at Anthropologie went on sale today too...I've been on such an exclusively vintage kick for the last few years- I think I'm experiencing some sort of collective/uniqueness phenomenon now, where suddenly the prospect of multiple copies of something is as enticing as the one-of-a-kind element (assuming that the online image is some sort of Platonic ideal, I guess...oh god, I think it is...!)


Comments

  1. You're blog is so cute! I love that there is someone else out there obsessed with Anthro. And Thank you for all your lovely comments:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment