lost!?



I've been busy trying to re-establish normalcy this past weekend, since I've been away or otherwise busy the last while.  My clothes were starting to pool on the floor again, so I had a go at tidying the wardrobe.  For the amount of clothing I have, my storage resources are pretty limited.  The closet is small and dark, so I've discovered the best strategy for me is to have everything but the dresses folded away in a glass-doored wardrobe from IKEA.  I seem to be able to fit an enormous amount of textiles in that thing, and for a slob I'm not bad at keeping it tidy (inside at least!).  And the bonus is that all those patterns and colours and textures are instantly visible, which comes in pretty handy when you have 5 minutes to get dressed in the morning!

What sucks, however, is when you CAN'T find something- like black sweater-vests are the worst, even though I try and segregate them for that very reason!  A couple of weeks ago, I bought a cute khaki cardigan from Urban Outfitters.  It was a bit big, so I thought I'd keep it in the bag, stuffed it in with some sweaters, to check out the UO in NY while I was there.  I found the size down a little too snug, but now I can't find the damn thing at all!  This weekend I tidied the cabinet (getting rid of a bunch of pants in the process, since I never wear 'em!) and still didn't come across it!  Oh, for the ability to pop back in time and see where it went!  It's driving me nuts.

I've been so focused on the dresses these last few years that I hardly have any casual clothing, so I've been "working" on that.  I love the drape of this sweater, and the soft grey/olive tone- it's open without being shapeless.  nice.  wherever it is.

skirts, cardigans, button-ups and tees, with the doors open!
And of course I can't link to the actual page, because the website won't load to residents of Quebec...something like Biker Slub Cardigan...


Comments

  1. Love it! And considering I have the same IKEA red bookcase (with doors) in my living room filled with books...has me fantasizing about getting one for the bedroom, or raiding the living room with my stacked clothing piles. I think it looks quite nice if kept orderly! Kind of like those people who rainbow organize their books. I just realize we have some interests in common as I was drawn to museum studies but studied architecture and art history instead (and visual anthropology). One of my projects in school was to design a museum and it was so much fun...I riffed off the natural light space created in Kansas by S. Holl and in Fort Worth by Tadao Ando. So much fun! Do you work in the field now? haha I know what you mean about casual wear in fact all the internet blogs inspired me to buy more skirts and dresses (mostly skirts) and now my pants seem so forlorn. I like that cardigan but is it UO? I tend to mostly be disappointed in their clothes when tried on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe here is me with our red cabinet :) I just love the red color it's so great! http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xwIYiZyB5dg/SW7qgdcRewI/AAAAAAAADoA/0j3ocoMMI2E/s1600-h/IMG_6876.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Cute! Hmmm...the shelf also looks nice when it's not full of stuff!

    I love those kinds of projects- 'design a museum'- it really makes you examine your surroundings and the choices designers make!

    I mostly only buy UO when they have their crazy sales, but this cotton cardigan has a nice weight and hang to it...that is, when I find it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow-- those shelves are amazing! this makes me want to run over to ikea.... i love the red! i have been thinking of going the white route but the punchy red color would make me smile every day. well done! i love the "design museum" too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment