schoolmarms and smarties

I went on a shopping trip with my sister last year for my birthday, but since it was spring this dress wasn't really appropriate until lately (and only after I scratched the 'autumnnal hues' itch somewhat). 

I felt fairly smart and chic all day, with a touch of 'marmy' in the ribbed tights.  

BB Dakota dress, H&M gingham shirt, J Crew mossy tights, grey Campers shoes


Then I got home to this delicious Marni-esque dress from Etsy- a totally accidental buy, I swear I must have been in a fugue state (this is why I avoid etsy when possible!).  I love the thin silky knit hang of it and the delicious muted candy tones...

Betty Jean Vintage dress (etsy)



For the same sister's birthday, in return, I promised her a pampering pedicure.  We finally went Monday (6 months later!) and had a lovely experience.  I never paint my nails, but was totally enamoured by this robin's egg colour (after staring at the bottle for an hour while my feet were massaged and shaped and my toes painted a deep fluorescent orange!)  Now I keep craving Smarties for some reason...

 heh, sorry to obscure the christmas tree, but well, the camera has to autofocus on something...I'm so sad that my local Value Village didn't stock ornaments this year.  I love picking up old kitschy randoms for my tree!

Comments

  1. I love both of these looks! But I never shy away from marm. I think it's super sophisticated here. And the printed dress is adorable! No wonder you snatched it up from etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both dresses are so fabulous- the second makes me think of Mad Men for some reason :-/ Love the tree, and the lovely chartreuse chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these outfits and your style is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the best purchases are made when in a fugue state. I love your Betty Jean Vintage dress! What wonderful fabric & colors...

    Your "marmy" outfit is cute too - especially with the tree backdrop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The etsy dress is very pretty and unique (as is the other dress too)! I think your nail polish choice was a great colour, will go with many different things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that nail color!! I love bright colors on short finger nails - I must find that polish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment