black sun...



Oh, how I love summer- not least because a surplus of well-timed government holidays has given me several 4-day weekends in a row! We're in the middle of a heatwave, but I love, love, love it.  I thrifted this black embroidered sundress a couple of weeks ago and it felt like a refreshing change from my usual brights.  I went out for drinks with some friends on an outdoor terrasse, feeling just a touch guilty since the dress would have been a perfect find for an often-in-black girlfriend.  It was like a 'Heathers' moment, empowered to borrow someone else's uniform!

Speaking of Heathers, we took advantage of another recent beautiful weekend to play a casual but competitive few rounds of croquet in the park.  For the occasion, I pulled out the frothiest and girliest of dotted dresses in my arsenal, this 'ancient' dress from Anthropologie, circa 2009.  Man, it is so girly it's no wonder I've never actually worn it before!  Now that the ice is broken I swear to give it a bit more lovin'! Especially since I'm revisiting a heretofore unknown desire for white dresses now that it's...ever...so...hot...



Forget the World Cup and all that brouhaha in Rio....croquet is the ultimate summer sport.


Comments