that...damn green dress...(sob!)


Pineland Maxi dress
We interrupt my unscheduled programming/silence with a little whimper at the universe... This splendid, gorgeous, perfection of a dress appeared on the Anthropologie site last week and I'm...dyin'  Oh why, oh why, does such a perfect slip of a perfect green silk dress, at such a sorta reasonable price have to tempt me so?  And did I mention I received the offer of a 25% off code from my friendly local Anthro store?  And that I just finished paying off my student loan and feel like celebrating before re-buckling down?  Oh, the universe is tempting me!!  
But I seriously have nowhere and nowhen in my life for such dramatics.  Could I seriously justify such a purchase, in this year of financial restraint, just to hang it and touch it lovingly?  Sigh.  It is sooooo totally perfect.  I would get married in this dress (honey, what do you think?) Dammit, it"s the Atonement dress, but now more wearable!


Anthropologie emailed me this morning to inform that this dress is already near sold out in my size.  It's so hard as a somewhat superstitious person to try and read the signs- is the universe telling me I should go for it?  Or are they telling me I need to remind myself about restraint and self-control and that "cookies are a sometimes food" (darn you, politically correct Cookie Monster of the nineties!)? (you're probably right) (Though I did grow up with the gorging, uncontrolled beast of Dionysian delight of the eighties...it always bothered me how many cookies he wasted eating that way...)

I did find this pretty cool  vintage Vogue pattern for $1 at Value Village today.  Is that the sign?  That I should wait and the dress can happen anyday when I need it? Off to check that lottery ticket...

Comments