Dressing globally!

Vintage green wool shift, UO braided belt, blue tights, Chie Mihara 'Absinthe' shoes
I don't know why it hasn't been featured in an OOTD post here yet, but this is one of my very favourite green dresses!  I bought this nubby wool 60's shift on ebay a few years back- the green looked sort of bland in the seller's photo, but it was cheap and I liked the texture of the fabric.  Imagine my delight when it arrived and it was the most perfect shade of intense, alive, mossy green!!  In fact, it is exactly the shade of THE green dress, no?
J Crew nutmeg Traversa cardigan
Thursday was supposed to be quite warm, but as recently as Tuesday it was -20 (!) so I needed a sweater to get me through the day.  I grabbed my ruffly rust sweater since it worked with the belt and off I went.  I had this weird feeling all day that there was something familiar about it the colours- I mean, something elemental, but a little too familiar, too close. Then I realized I was kinda dressed...like a globe!  Ahem.

Um, and if you're still hating me for recently stumbling into my ownership/caretaker/loving relationship with Chie Mihara's Absinthe heels from 2008, well...I guess it's that time of year when shoes are on sale and we must acquire when we must...don't read on!

I was admiring a co-worker's brown mary-janes and she said she'd found them on super reduction recently, that it was a japanese designer working for a spanish shoe company she hadn't heard of before...I jumped at the mention of my beloved...then she said what she paid for them and fortunately it was the end of the day 'cause I ran over to check out the last-call sale selection at Ogilvey's!

These babies are teal blue, with bright royal blue laces, and kinda represent a summerier version of the bow-tied oxfords I bought at Christmas (that I have worn every single day since!)  At 70 % off I couldn't say no, could I?  No sirree!  Besides I've been dutifully making my own lunch instead of eating out everyday this month.  That must count for something!
Chie Mihara Livia Fall/Winter 2011 (in Ocean blue)





Comments

  1. Jealous! Your new Chie's are gorgeous! I love the color! What a good deal too. Wow, the absinthe heels and these new beauties all in one post - it's almost too much! I love it!

    Love the dress too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green dress with your mary janes. Such a lovely colour!!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous!! But hey, If you sacrificed not eating out and taking your own lunch then you deserve the shoes. At least that is how I see it. The dress is a gorgeous green :) The shoes go great with it. I am currently on the prowl for 2 pairs of shoes and don't think I'll ever find 1 pair in particular. But I'm still going to trek on. You own so many beautiful shoes. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green dress is stunning with the perfectly matched shoes and the blue tights! The blue heels are beautiful--I really need to look into Chie's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, now...that's just not fair. Green and blue Chie's?! You're killing me. Slaying me. I seethe with jealousy. But I am very happy for you! And the color combination of your outfit is like you took a little thumbnail picture from my heart. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe, you're so funny Sarah. It's so nice to see Thatdamngreendress in a green dress.
    I love those mary janes. I understand why you couldn't resist. And isn't it amazing how much you can save by making your own lunch everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooooooooooooooooh. i am super jeals. what a steal and they are SO bea-u-ti-ful. i love a good chie and you have two delightful colors! they look wonderful and i can't wait to see what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, SO jealous!!! I want those shoooooooes! Please? Pretty please? Next time you hear about something like this, would you call me? Hahaha, oh, I die, I die...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This isn't funny but...
    thatdamngreendress!
    That dress is perfect in so many ways. And the fact that it is wool and vintage makes it even more timeless...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That damngreendress deserves more love on a blog with this name! Plus, it is a wonderful dress and could easily be used as a damngreenskirt.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that dress! Also, your shoes are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing dress!! I love the cut and color, and oh my, those shoes. I absolutely love Chie Mihara, and those shoes are no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  13. heh...I guess I should hold off on buying any damnnewshoes for awhile.

    I must say, damning things daily is very satisfying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that dress is such a lovely stunning shade of green! Love. And I don't even have to tell you about how I feel about either of your pair of Chies! You're a lucky lucky woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for a great green dress. Green is a great colour. And isn't that UO braided belt the best? I wear mine all of the time. How much in love with your shoes am I? So in love! They're amazing...and not because you got them at 70% (that blows my mind). The colour is so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gosh you are so lucky. your blue CM is adorable. i love chie mihara shoes so much it hurts. haha
    wish i can find deals like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's on your blog that I've first seen Chie's shoes. Thanks for sharing! though I don't know if it's for better or worse for me :) because they're so out of my price range. Still, I gorge on them at least visually.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that's why I cant resist when they go on crazy sale! but I think I'm set for the next while...!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the entire outfit, but these shoes are amazing!!!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment