New York!





Going on a wee trip next week to visit a friend in New York. It will be the first time in a long time that it won't be dark and dreary winter when I visit. Last year's trip was in bitter, cold February. I have high hopes for some shopping, being deprived of such basic and lovely fare as Anthropologie, Uniqlo, Marc Jacobs, and even J. Crew in Canada!

I did however check the forecast and they're calling for several days of rain, albeit with warm temps!

To be sure, there are also several cultural events that I'm dying to experience. The Met's new show on American fashion (and possibly the Brooklyn museum collection too!). The Diller & Scofidio revamping of the High Line (this place has obsessed me for years...overgrown urban wastelands! hidden high in the sky!). I'd love to catch some last minute cheap tickets to a broadway show- Wicked, or Mary Poppins or Avenue Q...(loves the raunchy singing muppets).

The New York Times this week had an article on vintage shopping- how timely- and apparently I even caught a few of these places last year by accident! (our sweet little hotel with the one massive 'Water Cockroach' was certainly well located...even with an Anthropologie at the end of the block!)

Comments