chambray...chambre...ombre


Oh, I bet you noticed right away…yup, I finally found my glasses, missing since mid-January.  I dropped them onto the bookcase next to the bed in the darkness, and by the next morning, they were gone.

Where did I find them, you ask?  Exactly where I thought they’d be, behind the bookcase.  I’ve looked there several times in the months since, perplexed, finding nothing.  Last night, frustrated, I grabbed a flashlight and looked under the bed, behind the bed, between the mattresses…then finally shone the light behind the bookcase and there, wedged in the back, was the telltale pink and black.  Don`t ask me where they`ve been- I remember reading The Elegant Universe years ago and there was some elegant passage about baby universes blinking in and out of existence, fed by the power of entropy.  Well, if there's one place on this planet where the force of entropy be strong, my decrepit apartment is a locus for it. 

What a relief- I feel MUCH more myself now. 
Gap chambray tuxedo shirt, Anthropologie Mimetic skirt, black bead cluster necklace, Indigo Water row boots
I bought this chambray tuxedo shirt on super sale at Gap over the Christmas holidays and congratulated myself for having anticipated the sure need for one this spring.  Unfortunately the XS is so XL in this shirt that I swear I take it in another inch or so everytime I wear it and it's still a shapeless mass (I think I have it pulled back a bit here even).  Sigh- I may have to just look for one that I actually feel good in.  It's a shame, really, since the ruffles are well done, and it's a nice soft fabric... maybe if I just take it in a little bit more...

Comments

  1. Somethings weren't just meant to be found again! Do you think your cat may have picked them up and placed them there when you were asleep? Just another theory! hehe. Glad you found them. Bet you feel like yourself again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chambray tuxedo shirt! Keep it! Could you add some darts to the back to shape it some? It looks great in this photo, whatever it is you did to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, devil cat has been known to push them into the garbage can, but for that reason there is not longer one near the bed!

    And since this was very inexpensive (about $16) and I haven't actually come across another, I will just add another crisscross of stitches to this...maybe some darts, yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found your glasses! I love this outfit. Classic, stylish, simple, but effortlessly COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you found your glasses. They are really pretty and suit you well. I was just out shopping for glasses earlier today! I didn't get any (yet), but I saw quite a few pairs that I like. I need a back-up pair and also some prescription sunglasses for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a pair of fake glasses (I know, ugh) that I wore on occasion in undergrad (the early 2000s). One day, I was looking for them and could not find them. I moved to another state for grad school, moved again, then moved two more times. Never found them, assumed they got lost in the shuffle of moving. Jump to 2009, I am cleaning out my car to donate it. The glasses were under the driver's seat! Had a good laugh over that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit, that shirt is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I missed the mimetic skirt- so pretty on you. Glad you found your glasses. Weird, though, how they were in the first place you looked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you found the spectacles. I lost a pair once and two years later they showed up when we mowed the lawn???

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol at Thirteenlbs comment :)

    Glad you found your glasses! I'm always loosing mine behind my dresser next to my bed. Normally cuz I give them a whack instead of my cell phone or alarm clock by accident. I think the chambray shirt looks good here, but if the fit keeps being bothersome when you wear it, I know that can be annoying to have to futz w/ during the day. I agree w the suggestion for darting if you give it another go.


    Lorispeak

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment