spring fling!

Okay, it's still dark and dull outside, and yes, there may have been a brief snow squall the other day (complete white-out for about 30 minutes) but it's spring, ladies, finally!  So today I've been pulling out all the wools and heavy fabrics and switching them out for my summer clothing.  A plethora of all-season materials just stay where they are.  Oh, it has been exciting to pull out those summery dresses and skirts, and steam some of the wrinkles out of my favourites (licorice lanes skirt: hello, unworn green 50's chevron dress: HELLO, I forgot about you!).  This is going to be fun.  someday soon, I swear.


So a couple weeks back, LDMOMMA left a comment noting that I'd purchased the Amhara skirt and was wondering how I was going to style it.  Y'know, I hadn't really thought about it- I have a long-time addiction to pouffy patterned knee-length skirts that I just wear with simple t-shirts and tanks in the summer.  I didn't even intend on wearing it to work.  However I started thinking about it, and it's true that the styling in the catalogue shot is dressy enough to work for a multitude of places, and the floral waistband with the stripes opens up a lot of styling possibilities.



I played with a bunch of options on polyvore- I think this skirt might dress up nicely with any number of funky patterned blouses, from florals to lace to stripes (of course).  I tend to prefer structured tops for my small frame, but I might be willing to try a wee bit of billowy this year...we'll see...

Comments

  1. I love this skirt- so versatile and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great skirt. I'd love to see it with the mustard stripes from your Polyvore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those combinations all look promising! Can't wait to see them on you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are right - this could easily be styled for work. I like all of these combinations, especially #2 and #3 on the top row! I think stripes will work well too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew I'd see a Peter Pan collared top in there ;). Can't wait to see this skirt in action, esp w/the pattern mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh pretty skirt! I agree with gigi, can't wait to see it on you :D Hope you had a nice easter weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally fun stylings you have here. The perpendicularness of the horizontal stripes on top mixed with the vertical stripes in the skirt are rocking my world! I double-dog dare you to go for some billowy on top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Sarah :) Love all of the looks you put together. Isn't Polyvore fun?! I love it. It also keeps me from spending money. Makes me want to just wear my old favorites! But these are all great options.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the looks! And now I wish I had that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that. skirt. is. perfect. but it's sold out! oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always go weak in the knees when I see a skirt, and this one is fantastic, so vibrant; full of colours and possiblilities.
    I am so looking forwad to see how you wear it.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm on the hunt for some new fun summer skirts, and this one is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that none of these looks are safe (meaning white tee + skirt). Some great combinations here... love the colours and the pattern mixing. I want that skirt now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great ideas!! I agree with overcaffeinated - it's nice that you didn't play it safe and that you went with some bold pattern mixing. I would definitely wear your styling ideas here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. also, no pressure to do any of the "7 Random Facts" things and such, but I wanted to let you know I love your blog and gave you a Lovely Blog Award :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment