browns for a baroness...


I was thrilled to see more brown tones being offered this fall- brown dresses are just so...subtly rich and beautiful. Like the quiet glamour of the horsey set spending a weekend on the Estate with Maggie Smith. Divine. I knew the minute I saw this striped knit dress at Boden that I had to have it. Well, I finally had an opportunity to order it with a good discount and I'm pretty pleased.  It's soft merino knit, in a perfect shade of rich bronze-y brown.  I was tempted to order the tall version  and I may always wonder if it would have been better.  Ha- they practically laughed at me on the phone, though, that a 5"4 girl should need the tall.  It's certainly not too short, but... 

Anyway, the funny/embarrassing thing is...well, when I created my Boden account I was momentarily charmed by the extremely long and detailed list of possible titles available and chose 'Baroness' on a whim. Perhaps it was the allure of the afore-referenced Dowager Countess Grantham/Trentham/Brodie (didn't realise how referential the Downton and Gosford Park character names were). I subsequently switched to a more sedate and realistic Ms. however it seems it's not that simple to reject the nobility once registered.  So my package came duly addressed to the Baroness.  I wonder what my backstory should be...

Boden Amelie dress, Chie Mihara Icone suede oxfords

I certainly have shoes appropriate to my new status.  These delectably decadent Chie Mihara's were top of my wishlist last winter but sold out quickly.  When they turned up in my size for an eminently reasonable price on ebay recently I was thrilled.  They're so beautiful I can't decide whether I should wear them every day of my life, or just display them reverently in a well-lit glass cabinet, perhaps rotating slowly on a shiny platform. shiny. stripes.  If you need me, I'll be having tea in the drawing room...
 

Comments