more so...

I feel like one thing leads to another this week- brown on Monday, leading to brown with red checks yesterday, to red and charcoal plaid today...tomorrow I plan on wearing my grey wool shift with a bright red checked shirt, and maybe all-grey on Friday with a touch of yellow (stuff that's got to get worn, y'know?  gotta be vigilant...)
Yesterday's dress I bought upon my first ever visit to an Anthropologie store in February 2009- thought the sale price of 29.99 for this Maeve shift was pretty decent at the time.  hmmm..indeed.
And then today I trotted out the old fave red check dress- the photos are terrible (I`m getting sick of this poor lighting) but it`s super cute, flannel-y wool, with a little bow at the neck.  I bought it in a 'checkered' lot on ebay a few years ago, alongside a lot of polka dot dresses.  All my size, and almost all have become favoured staples!
I may emerge a little earlier from the monochrome this spring actually- I just received the latest Harper's Bazaar and there are some tasty morsels within!  Colour! 

Comments

  1. Hi, Nice dresses! I don't think I own any plaids or checks? Hmm? I don't think I'd look good in them. You have a tiny waist. Unfortunately I have a big rib cage and can't pull of certain looks. But on you it looks great. Plus I think you are also taller than I am so clothing probably looks better on tall girls :) I always look forward to your outfits. And of course the shoes. Me being a shoe horse. But these are really great colors you've picked so far. I love dark, earth tone colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love plaid, and adore both your outfits.
    Soooooooooooo lovely.
    Besos.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both very cute! I think I especially love the second one. You bought that dress as part of a lot on eBay, and they all fit? - what a deal!

    I like these muted tones...but I'm definitely ready for some bright and happy spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely see a pattern with your outfits - brown, plaid. But you know, It's great to see you sticking to your style. I love that second dress on you. Wish we could see that bow at the back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stuffs! I love the cut of that second dress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute dresses! Love all the plaid :) I really like that brown dress you wore in the previous post too. When I was a Brownie, we still had the little dresses, and it does totally remind me of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I'm a huge fan of plaid, haha! I love the reddish color of the second dress, and I really like the layering of the first look. I can't wait to see what you translate from Harper's to real life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look tall? woohoo!! thank goodness for heels and tiny head I guess (5'4 on a good day...)

    finding vintage lots from one person, your size, is definitely awesome! I also got a lot of simple cheongsam dresses last year from a lady just my size...

    Oh and Kelinda, tomorrow's outfit was absolutely inspired by your red plaid shirt the other day! I'll post today and tomorrow together 'cause I'm LAZY tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like I get in a color of the week mode myself. Sometimes I look at what I wore all week and it's all stuff that could be mixed and matched with each other. Same thing happens when I shop. I come home with 3 shades of the same color. Your shift dress is very cute, I love a classic shift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hm, not sure what I want to steal from you more - your dresses OR your glasses! You can never go wrong with a little bit of plaid, hm?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment