floral dresses...an etsy round-up

So I have been known to whet my appetite for the latest lovely frock from Anthropologie with a stand-in, usually more satisfying and of better quality, really, from my favourite vintage proprietors at Etsy.  When Eve Franco's En Plein Air dress went online in January I was positively drooling.  My official new favourite colour combination of  green and orange, in a deluxe watercolour floral print.  The only thing that wasn't so pretty was the insane price tag.

I knew that if I waited long enough, the dress would eventually go on sale.  But when I saw it sell out at full price online, I figured I should look for a substitute.  I actually just missed out on this lovely:

and there were a few potential contenders that seem to have fallen out of my wishlist, but then this baby popped up:

watercolour floral?  check. Orange and green? check (even more of an autumnal print, which is nice).  And a bonus beautiful vintage detail in the back?  check.

Last week the Anthropologie dress actually went on sale and I also scored it with the extra % off during the tag sale from the first store I called.  I can't wait to get it in the mail now...

In the process, I found a bunch of beautiful one-of-a-kind green floral/pink/orange lovelies available on etsy.

Light Yellowy Green Novelty Print 1950 Dress, $49

Adorable Floral 1990s Day Dress, $40

1950s 'Marigold Magic' Floral Cotton Day Dress, $78

1950s -On The Sunny Side Of The Street- Floral Summer Dress, $60

Vintage 1950s Abstract Floral Print Shirtdress, $36

Spring Fling dress, sold

Amazing 1950s 1960s Truworths Mad Men Bombshell Party Dress, $248

Oh, and thanks to this ill-considered exercise in vintage shopping, I am now absolutely dying over this Ceil Chapman cupcake of a frock.

Vintage 50's CEIL CHAPMAN Mustard Yellow Green Floral Party Cocktail Sun Dress Pintucked Cotton S/M, $198

Comments