a summer interlude and faulting the best-laid plans...

Last week was so spectacularly beautiful- the winter chill literally melted away under successive days of sunny skies and summer temperatures.  It was so hot that when I had to go to Toronto for a very quick business trip I had no choice but to rustle up some summer dresses for the occasion.  There is nothing quite like a vintage gingham sundress- crisp and cool!  The delicately-patterned silk scarf is the result of a fun online swap this summer (thanks again, Dorothy!) and has come in handy as my lavender fetish grows.
Vintage gingham sundress and silk scarf, J Crew cardigan, F21 aqua belt, Aldo flats
One of the things I love about this dress is the gorgeous dip in the back (that and it fit perfectly with no tailoring- very rare!)
Now, here's where the best laid plans come in- the purpose of the trip was to help run a book launch.  I wanted something appropriate to the weather, and darker-coloured for evening, perhaps less girly than a full skirt.  I love mixing this column dress with yellow, and threw in a striped ochre scarf to balance out the light-coloured cardigan.  I felt pretty good until someone leaned in and asked me if I'd done it on purpose...what?
Anthropologie Layered Column dress, Zara cardigan, vintage silk scarf, Kenneth Cole wedges
Oh, just dressed the exact colour of the books spread all around me...sigh...
oh, and those summer skies?  Gone, gone, gone...I'm back to tights and shivers!

Comments

  1. Lol oh I hate unintentional matching! I love those outfits though, especially the second *jealous of that dress*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment