marvelous maeve!

Anthropologie mystery Maeve dress, quartz necklace from Victory Jewelry, Aldo wedges, thrifted mini purse
One of my favorite in-house labels at Anthropologie has to be Maeve- there's usually something in the print and design that appeals to me instantly, and the materials are of reliably high quality.  Last summer I came across this mystery Maeve sundress on ebay for about $15 and pounced instantly.  I wasn't disappointed- the pastel checked cotton print is lovely, there are finely detailed darts and panels at the waist, and the bottom hem is subtly scooped for a beautiful shape.  Did I mention it has pockets too? Since I received it at the end of the summer last year, today was the first time I actually got to wear this lovely frock out of the house!


I never realized how much graffiti there was in my neighbourhood until I started taking outfit pictures out and about!   I love the colour and texture it adds to what is really quite a sweet and residential urban neighbourhood.

 

So this week I had planned on trying to challenge myself to wear more blouses and skirts, since throwing on a pretty dress is just so darn easy in the morning.  Well, I managed two occasions and really liked this flowy option of the colourblocked Maeve Drapey Dyad blouse with a simple black a-line skirt.  I'm usually a total materials snob, but the cut and drape of this $15 polyester Forever 21 skirt is amazing.  It fits perfectly and I loved the way it picked up the slightest hint of wind to sway and move as I walked.

The picture doesn't capture the beauty of the details in the blouse, but I imagine you'll see this many more times, if I can just keep up the blouse challenge!


Comments